Z6 II Functions Getting Stuck

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
avdunkin New Member • Posts: 4
Z6 II Functions Getting Stuck

Hello!

After a week or so of owning the Z6 II and doing a couple of shoots I suddenly ran into an issue and have no idea why it's happening.

What happens is simply this sequence: turn on camera, take a picture, and essentially all of the camera functions are "stuck" or unusable. I have to turn it back off and on to get it to act normal... until I take another picture, that is.

By "stuck" I mean, I can't access any Menu or Info functions, or picture preview. The autofocus refuses to shift beyond where it was previously, and while the viewscreen shows whatever I'm looking at as normal, I can clearly see the AF not working and even the AF boxes are stuck where they previously did the metering.

I can use all of  these functions before I take the first picture, but after that no bueno. For the record I'm using the Nikkor Z 24-70 f/2.8S and haven't tried it with another lens yet. I did a reset of all functionality and no dice. Also I see there is a firmware update to 1.01 but only has one fix so haven't bothered with it.

I have an exchange ticket opened up at Adorama but was curious if anyone encountered this issue yet or knew of anything I can do to alleviate it.

-- hide signature --

Alan

Nikon Z6 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow