Looking for a good Astrophotography lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Xlr8tin Regular Member • Posts: 244
Looking for a good Astrophotography lens

Hello all!

I am new to the photography world, and I'm having a blast learning how to use my Sony camera.

I recently bought a used A7Rii with a kit lens, along with a bunch of other older film lenses that are all manual focus. A tripod is on the way;-)

I was told to come here and ask you guys which lens would be good for taking photos of the stars and moon. I mainly like taking landscape photos, and astrophotography is something I like as well. I have been doing this search for a couple of weeks, but I wanted to get an actual discussion going since everything I find is all over the place for what I am looking for.

Can you guys recommend a few options? Like maybe the best, one that is decent and cheaper? Maybe good ones that are autofocus and manual focus? Can these lenses also double as a good landscape lens as well?

I'm going on a family vacation this March to Big Bend, TX, and I want a good lens for the night sky as there are literally zero lights out there.

Thanks guys

Xlr8tin's gear list:Xlr8tin's gear list
Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony FE 20mm F1.8G +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow