Lens purchase decision - advice please

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Eddie Rizk Contributing Member • Posts: 777
Re: Lens purchase decision - advice please

TeeJay626 wrote:

Decision made, and purchase made.

I am getting the Canon 100-400L II. It should be delivered tomorrow as I ordered it from my local camera shop. After considering everything, and reading countless reviews, I just remembered back to August when I had the lens in my hands and taking shots. Then how blown away I was when I did my post processing.

I'm still debating on purchasing the Canon 1.4x III TC at some point, but since I shoot with the 77D, which is APS-C, I don't know if I need it right away. I do plan to upgrade to either the R5 or R6 at some point, but that's probably at least a year or more away.

I do have the Kenko Pro 300 DGX 1.4x TC which has worked well for me in the past, but this TC does not work on the 77D. It worked fine on m previous 60D, and still works on my wife's T3i, so I do plan to test the 100-400 with this TC on her camera. If I REALLY need the extra reach, I will just use her camera for now.

Thanks again everyone for the replies. It did help make my decision a little easier. I'll post pics when I test out the lens.

You made a good decision.   I’m looking forward to seeing your pictures with it.

-- hide signature --

That's my opinion, and it's worth what you paid for it.
Eddie Rizk
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.
Formerly "Ed Rizk"
My email was hacked and unrecoverable along with all associated accounts, so I got permission to create a new one.

Eddie Rizk's gear list:Eddie Rizk's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow