What do you do with your photos?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
CMCM Senior Member • Posts: 5,885
Re: What do you do with your photos?

Not much. I have tons of slides from the 1970s and 80s, and I've been using my camera with slide copy adapter to digitize the best of them. All my newer digital photos reside on my special photo computer. One partially good solution was that a couple of years ago I set up a Flickr account and put family photos in particular up on Flickr in privately viewable albums for my kids and other family to see, and then I have boxes of various prints etc. from the last 40 years. Nothing much to do with any of them except occasionally grab something to look at. I long ago gave up on the idea of putting them into albums. As for my newer photos, I don't show them to anyone, really, and just put up a few of them on my public Flickr page. They're just for me, for my own enjoyment. I've finally got time to indulge in photography as a hobby, and no darkroom needed!

As with my photographer father, I found that photos can get out of control over the years. If you're not a professional or trying to show them publicly, which I am not, it can be an almost overwhelming task to organize everything efficiently. Now I know exactly why my father didn't do all that much with his vast colliection of negatives, slides, prints etc. He had his professional work, but as with me, his family photos got out of hand eventually.

CMCM's gear list:CMCM's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon D500 Canon G7 X II Nikon Coolpix P950 Nikon D700 +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow