X-T3 vs X-T4 (current and future differences)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Rmcp20 Senior Member • Posts: 1,437
Re: X-T3 vs X-T4 (current and future differences)

Threaded wrote:

I would be dubious about what, if anything will be coming to the XT4 in future. If you’re happy with it now and the price difference is worth it now, then go for it - but don’t buy it in the expectation that it’s going to change massively through firmware, as there’s no guarantee of that at all. The XT3 hasn’t been particularly well served in that regard (compared to previous models) and the XT4 has the unenviable distinction of reusing the same sensor and processor originally introduced with the XT3 in 2018.

At some point in the near future, Fuji will move away from that pairing and introduce a new sensor - and history has proven that when that happens, they pretty much immediately drop any further development of the previous sensor/processor combo, concentrating their firmware nous on getting the best out of the new generation.

Now maybe that’s still a while away... but maybe it’s not. The XH2 is still looming somewhere on the horizon, and is going to have to be cutting edge.

A used X-T3 still under warranty until 2023 (long enough i guess ) has appeared near me, 30 min drive, for €750. Seems a reasonable price if its in excellent condition as mentioned.

Exchanged a couple of messages with the seller, was bought from CameraNU, and i have sent Fujifilm Portugal an email about the warranty for EU cameras, so will wait for their reply and go from there.

I sold the X-T30 for the dual card slots and WR mostly. A bit better AF (not that it was holding me) and bigger EVF made the decision easy.

Getting one at half the price of the X-T4 is a no brainer i guess, and probably when i have one in my hands i will not think about it anymore.

Rmcp20's gear list:Rmcp20's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow