Z 6II does birds

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
PkmX Forum Member • Posts: 53
Re: Z 6II does birds

Luftwalk wrote:

Tim S wrote:

What Creative edge is saying is great news because that means we may have a cheap D5/D6 available with functioning silent shooting for wildlife shooters. Thing is why haven't we seen it yet? Where are the testers?

I've actually had good results with the original Z6 and dog tracking. I used different modes in AF-C, but mainly use Wide-S. Auto Area with subject tracking works pretty well if the light is good and not too much clutter around the subject.

Examples here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/luftwalk/albums/72157706365176231

The hit rate is pretty impressive! Do you have experiences with how well the animal eye AF work against dogs running toward the camera at full speed? I'm seriously considering getting the Z6II for dog action photography, and I assume the AF should be generally faster on the II and being able to restrict animal eye AF to wide modes should help the camera to not get distracted by other things in the frame.

PkmX's gear list:PkmX's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon Z6 II Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow