Lens purchase decision - advice please

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
OP TeeJay626 Regular Member • Posts: 374
Re: Lens purchase decision - advice please

Decision made, and purchase made.

I am getting the Canon 100-400L II.  It should be delivered tomorrow as I ordered it from my local camera shop.  After considering everything, and reading countless reviews, I just remembered back to August when I had the lens in my hands and taking shots.  Then how blown away I was when I did my post processing.

I'm still debating on purchasing the Canon 1.4x III TC at some point, but since I shoot with the 77D, which is APS-C, I don't know if I need it right away.  I do plan to upgrade to either the R5 or R6 at some point, but that's probably at least a year or more away.

I do have the Kenko Pro 300 DGX 1.4x TC which has worked well for me in the past, but this TC does not work on the 77D.  It worked fine on m previous 60D, and still works on my wife's T3i, so I do plan to test the 100-400 with this TC on her camera.  If I REALLY need the extra reach, I will just use her camera for now.

Thanks again everyone for the replies.  It did help make my decision a little easier.  I'll post pics when I test out the lens.

TeeJay626's gear list:TeeJay626's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H55 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 80D Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 1.4x +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow