Tamron 28 - 200

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
henryk1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,061
Re: Tamron 28 - 200

Yes, there are 28-200 threads already, and it would be helpful to look them up. That said, I shall respond to this latest thread, because it interests me as doubtless it will interest many others,

I've had a 28-200 for a month now, and it lives on my A7RIII. I also have a Tamron 24 2.8, a Sony 50 1.8  and a Sigma 100-400 DG DN. All three are terrific lenses.

For me the 28-200 is the most useful in the largest number of situations, as one would expect from its zoom range.

I've found it scary sharp across the image at f8 at all focal lengths.

The in-body stabilization works very well.

What's not to like? It's a bit heavy for an 80-year-old geezer (but not overly so). It focuses fast, but not as fast as the native Sony lenses. Its manufacturer name draws sneers from those who use only A9s and Sony G lenses. Not that I give a damn.

Four months ago I switched from Pentax and have not regretted it one bit. I still use the Pentax equipment, but only when going into adverse conditions (dust, moisture, potential of falling, etc.).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow