Composites: Photoshop or On1 RAW?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Digital Nigel Forum Pro • Posts: 13,214
Re: Composites: Photoshop or On1 RAW?

brucet wrote:

ADW02 wrote:

brucet wrote:

You need to better define what you call 'composites'. It may mean something different to a number of users/readers.

As far as I'm concerned programs that uses layers can do composites. That opens up many options.

Thank you for that. By composites I mean using images from different photos, and pasting them together--convincingly--into one composition for artistic effect. I believe that under no circumstances should a composite be created that makes a social or political statement. Perhaps making a religious statement may be permitted, with the permission and guidance of a person's place of worship, but a religiously-oriented composite should never be made that in any way demeans another faith.

This is the best way that I can describe a composite as I intend to create one. But perhaps there is a more defined description that I can't think of right now.

Thanks for the clarification.

I think you will find many editors that use layers would fit your needs.

Yes, so it seems unnecessary to keep paying for Photoshop when Affinity can do it all, probably more easily.

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow