Best lens for a Sony a6400 Mirrorless ????

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
The Von-ographer
OP The Von-ographer New Member • Posts: 21
Re: Best lens for a Sony a6400 Mirrorless ????

Craig Gillette wrote:

With fast moving subject matter, you are likely to want fast shutter speeds to freeze motion, perhaps doing a pan now and then to get a sharp bicyclist and a blurred surrounding. Not having stabilization in either the body nor the lens won't make too much difference for that kind of shooting. The listed zooms, and others, aside from the high performance/high price 16-55/2.8 are f4 and slower (although some of the variable apertures start at f3.5 then drop.

You might want to consider a fast prime. Perhaps the Sony 35/1.8 OSS. It's got a fast aperture and OSS when useful for less dynamic subject matter/lower light. You might need to consider a longer lens depending on the situation on how close you can get to the riders. Good open daylight, a slower/longer lens might well be fine. If in trees or lower light, maybe not.

So.. you're saying i need a portrait lens with small aperture for fast speed?? ie f1.8

or a zoom.... I happy to get a zoom instead.... i just assumed that they used a lower zoom for the shots and waited til riders were close. i used my 55-200.. sony recently and it was very good... still a tad bluuured on some jump.. focused on the tree and not the rider... but was ok.

The Von-ographer's gear list:The Von-ographer's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony a6400 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow