What am I doing wrong?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
marc703
marc703 Forum Member • Posts: 69
What am I doing wrong?

I recently upgraded from a 20D to a 90D. I'm still learning how to use the camera and all of the new features. I was shooting or of my office window at a bird in a nearby tree. The images seem to be affected by what looks like motion blur. I was using a tripod, but didn't have the ball had tightly locked down. I was using a 400mm f5.6L with the lens tripod collar attached to the tripod. I was experimenting with live view versus viewfinder and a bunch of other parameters. All of the images seem to suffer from motion blur, whether using a shutter speed of 1/100 or 1/800.

This didn't occur with my 20D, and I've taken other photos with the 90D that don't experience this effect, so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong or what settings/features might because this issue.

This photo shows the motion blur.

Motion blur with higher shutter speed

-- hide signature --

Marc

marc703's gear list:marc703's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH8 Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 90D Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM +9 more
ANSWER:
Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 90D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow