M4/3 reliable sports camera?

Started Dec 31, 2019 | Discussions thread
rsmithgi Senior Member • Posts: 2,350
Re: M4/3 reliable sports camera?

Bassam Guy wrote:

rsmithgi wrote:

Skeeterbytes wrote:

Tried uploading some shots last night but DPR was utterly borked. Let's see... Okay, seems to be working. I shot a match yesterday.

I'll try some newer 300 Pro samples later. This is with the E-M1 mk1.

Cheers,

Rick

I seem to remember that you have posting your AF settings for soccer on the E-M1.2. I have been using an E-M1.1 for several years. I recently purchased an E-M5.3 and want to try it out for soccer. The AF system is more similar to the E-M1.2 and wonder if you could share your settings again.

BTW, my son is in his last year of soccer so the choice of the E-M5.3 over an E-M1.2 was based on the size for future travel and other uses. I will be keeping the E-M1.1 until at least the end of the season, but I a looking to give the E-M5.3 a shot this weekend.

thanks.

I have both the E-M5 II and III. The AF on the III is far superior for sports than the II - PDAF.

This was the first opportunity I had to shoot sports with the E-M5 III. Out of 231 shots, I have 210 keepers. The AF is that much better with the III. I used C-AF + Tracking.

For me it is a comparison between the E-M1.1 and the E-M5.3. The E-M1.1 has 9 FPS and less viewfinder blackout. The E-M5.3 has the better AF system. I get good results with the E-M1.1 and I am wondering about the optimum settings for the E-M5.3 (which should be the same as the E-M1.2.

rsmithgi's gear list:rsmithgi's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dav
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow