Is this photo with an X100F and the WCL sufficiently sharp?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Erik Baumgartner Senior Member • Posts: 3,229
Re: Is this photo with an X100F and the WCL sufficiently sharp?

john si wrote:

I think this link actually works, the other one seems corrupted.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CRxvJv1RvVGpNr4h7HcGKlZ9rpU0Gzwx/view?usp=sharing

I took a quick stab at this, but it is indeed quite crappy looking. It's a good composition of a beautiful scene and looks OK at first glance, but the fine detail is really lacking (I did sharpen it rather a lot). I've used the WCL briefly on my X100V and it absolutely manages nearly the same IQ as without it (and much better than this). If your camera looks good without the WCL, either you somehow managed to screw the WCL on wrong (unlikely), or it's just plain bad. You'd think with no moving elements, the converters would be consistently pretty good, but this one is apparently not. This image is underexposed and noisy, which isn't helping the IQ, and you may have focused a bit too close, but even the close stuff looks subpar here. If you can return the WCL, you should.

Erik Baumgartner's gear list:Erik Baumgartner's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow