Do you always buy from the high-street shops?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
mostlyboringphotog Veteran Member • Posts: 9,535
Re: Do you always buy from the high-street shops?

cheddarman wrote:

Under the heading "Buying Advice", a simple question to which most people will probably answer yes.

Well I alway used to but I was different with my last couple of purchases, and went grey, Panomaz to be exact.

Apart from a huge saving on the camera price, my last one, a Sony RX10M4 at just £1,100 a year ago this month. They also offer a three year, unconditional "local" guarantee.

The reason for this post is basically to encourage people, as I have done, not to be afraid of this cheap market.

Anybody who has read my recent threads will know that I started having a niggly problem with the RX10 back in June when it wouldn't enter the Power Save mode. In the end Sony EU advised me to send it in for checking/repair before the warranty expired. I had forgotten (would yo believe) about the Panamoz 3 year business and posted it off to Sony Central Service centre in Wales. Imagine my surprise and horror when I received an invoice from them for £560 for the repair. I obviously challenged this and was advised that as this was a grey purchase, the warranty was for the Far East, not the EU and they would not honour it.

Then I remembered the Panamoz warranty. I emailed them with a copy of the invoice attached and literally five minutes later I had the £560 in my PayPal account.

THAT is impressive!

By the way, anybody know what the Part number A2123014B SERVICE, DEVICE (LSV-1850A) is, which at £376 is by far the most expensive item on the invoice, and seems to appear on all Sony camera invoices??

It must be the part number for PROFIT MARGIN

mostlyboringphotog's gear list:mostlyboringphotog's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Pentax 645Z Nikon 1 J5 Fujifilm GFX 50R Canon EOS RP
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow