R5 Buffer Clearing

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Tazz93
OP Tazz93 Senior Member • Posts: 2,628
Re: R5 Buffer Clearing

Steve W wrote:

Tazz93 wrote:

When I first got the camera I checked the buffer and it was able to clear the buffer from the CFexpress card in under 10 seconds (I want to say it was 6 seconds with the Sony Tough 128GB). Now with both of my cards (Sony Tough 128GB and Lexar 128GB), it takes the same time as the UHS-II cards, which is roughly 20 seconds. I can see why Canon might have throttled it down, but I'm curious if others are seeing the same performance drop.

Personally, I'm not sure if it just my camera or if one of the recent firmware updates have altered it.

Still haven't seen a response that identifies the specific model of SD card from Lexar you are using, Is it their 2000x, 1667x, 1000x, etc? Please share that information

I'm using the V90 card, its a 2000x, but don't get caught up on the SD card. I only mentioned it for a reference of scale, kind of to say... "how does an SD card now match an CFexpress card's performance"? It doesn't contribute to the problem.

-- hide signature --

Mike Jackson - Wildlife Photography Enthusiast
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mj_flickr/

Tazz93's gear list:Tazz93's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow