Composites: Photoshop or On1 RAW?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ADW02 Regular Member • Posts: 343
Composites: Photoshop or On1 RAW?

In looking at the idea of creating composite compositions in natural light on an advanced amateur basis, so far as I can tell there are just two photo development programs that do that, Photoshop and On1 RAW. I'm using the 2021 version of both of these, but in considering economics and capability, I'm wondering which of these would be the most capable for composites.

Regarding economics, it seems to me that the combination of On1 2021 and Luminar 4/AI are just as good as Photoshop for most photo development/ manipulation tasks, but I have to wonder if Photoshop is still the last word in creating composites. If so, Adobe is worth keeping despite its never-ending subscription model, but if it doesn't have a significant edge over On1 for the above-mentioned purpose I can't see the sense of spending an annual fee of $120 for Photoshop.

Regarding Photoshop, Matt Kloskowski has a training program called something like 'Photoshop Compositing Course' that costs $100 USD, and it looks like it gives beginners a solid foundation to begin to learn this genre, using Adobe. If anyone wishes to peruse this course through their search engine, they might be able to tell me if On1 is capable of the same depth, and if there are really good training courses for On1's ability to create composites.

For all those who would like to give an opinion or advice, I'd like to thank you in advance for all your help.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow