* The Weekly Image Thread 20 11 30 #504 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
Hike Pics
Hike Pics Senior Member • Posts: 2,011
Many Thanks!

Thank you all for your very kind comments! You've made me feel right at home here.

I am firing up a Sony A3000 and will use the 2 E Mount lenses from my NEX-C3. In case you didn't know, the A3000 is the "red-headed step-child" of the Sony camps. It is actually a mirrorless cleverly disguised as a DSLR. It uses the popular 20.1MP sensor from the NEX series. However, since it was touted as an "entry level model", Sony saw fit to cut corners on the LCD and viewfinder. It was a perfect lure to get people to cross over from compacts into the ILC world. They usually get around $130 on Ebay. I paid $67 for mine, including charger, battery and strap. It only had 3,600 clicks!

I have used it once since I got it a year ago so it needs to see some action. I'll tell you what.....I'll post a photo when I get a good one. It's fairly drab winter colors out there now. About the only colorful thing in town are the train cars with graffiti on them!

-- hide signature --

...Wes...

Hike Pics's gear list:Hike Pics's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot Pro1 Fujifilm FinePix E900 Zoom Kodak EasyShare P712 +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow