Cameras no good, so what next?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Adrian Harris
Adrian Harris Veteran Member • Posts: 6,233
Cameras no good, so what next?

Okay I chose a hopefully eye catching title which is not meant to be misleading, but will hopefully encourage sensible debate:

Many voice unhappiness on this forum about the new m43 cameras, citing various reasons but most frequently that the sensors haven't been updated, to big/not 'feeling' solid enough, EVF not the best, etc, etc.

Well I don't normally read through the other forums as I am only interested in m43. However due to boredom and curiosity over a friend's new camera I have been reading them.

... And surprise surprise, all the latest release s seem to have the same complainers. Sensor not improved, feels cheap/heavy, to expensive, to noisy, only 4k, lo res EVF, etc, etc. It all sounds very familiar doesn't it?

After reading through a few things struck me, some far more serious than others:

1. However good cameras are, they will never be good enough for a vociferous minority.

2.  It reminded me how seriously good and advanced the 3 year old Olympus em1-mk2 was and still is. And what wise design decisions were cleverly made - yet sadly its many virtue's wasn't understood or appreciated by many and of course the new Em1x and em1-mk3 have both pushed the envelope further but still didn't save the company.

3.  This raises the big question that if camera companies can not make 'giant leaps' anymore to tempt people to update. What gimmicks or features are camera companies going to be able to offer to entice people to spend money 'updating' ?

4. Most importantly, I still can't buy a camera body coloured 'sky blue pink'

-- hide signature --
 Adrian Harris's gear list:Adrian Harris's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 +1 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow