Thread on the sigma forum Merrill dp2m lowlight image.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
docmaas
docmaas Veteran Member • Posts: 6,898
Thread on the sigma forum Merrill dp2m lowlight image.

Not sure if there is any interest here or not. But if so I'd like to see what can be done with this image. Foveon chips are low light challenged and this image in no exception. The first step is Sigma SPP followed by EasyHDR followed by Topaz ai Denoise. Maybe there are other better tools, I don't know. Anyway if there is interest you can follow the original thread there: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4536582 or alternatively grab the images from that thread start a thread here.

Mike

Here are before and after shots:

everything set to 0 then output as jpg q=12.  All noise suppression turned off to preserve detail.  I used 3 shots set to -1 ev, 0ev and +1ev.

Final output from EasyHDR followed by Topaz Denoise ai.

-- hide signature --

"Laoma shitu" "An old horse knows the road" Chinese Proverb "Dao ke dao, fei chang dao. Ming ke ming, fei chang ming" Laozi
"At every crossroads on the path that leads to the future, tradition has placed 10,000 men to guard the past."
Maurice Maeterlinck

Sigma DP2 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow