Nikon 24-200 Z vs. Nikon 70-300 AF-P F

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TravelPhotography New Member • Posts: 5
Nikon 24-200 Z vs. Nikon 70-300 AF-P F

Hi DPR members,

Appreciate all the helpful information on this board - really great and insightful information.

I have actually switched from a Sony A7iii to a Nikon Z6 around start of 2020 - and I genuinely love the Z camera. It is far better than the A7iii. It is of course my subjective opinion

But I am on the outlook for a tele-zoom lens without being a heavy monster as the 70-200 f2.8. I have been browsing through the board on the following lenses:

* Nikon 24-200 Z

* Nikon 70-300 AF-P FI

I have narrowed my search to these two lenses and seem as viable options.

Basically the use cases are:

* Landscape

* Cityscapes (in larger cities)

* Occasional visit at the Zoo

I currently have the kit lens 24-70 f4 but do not have the FTZ adapter. Thus I would need to buy an FTZ adapter for the 70-300.

On one side the 70-300 is a great value lens with a longer reach, but substantially larger. The 24-200 is more versatile, smaller but with a shorter reach. I am a bit unsure whether the 70-300 is sharper than the 24-200.

Which lens would you recommend for my situation? Appreciate all valid input - thank you.

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow