X-T3 vs X-T4 (current and future differences)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Rmcp20 Senior Member • Posts: 1,437
Re: X-T3 vs X-T4 (current and future differences)

oscarvdvelde wrote:

Rmcp20 wrote:

With my X-T30 the sync speed was 1/180s, and i didn't risk it and used 1/250 or above.

I think you are mistaken what it means: to use the flash, the camera shutter speed must be slower, not faster, than 1/180 sec. With faster speeds it may happen that the shutter is only partially open when the flash happens.

If you want a mix of flash and ambient light, your shutter speed would be low and it helps to have IBIS in that case.

Its what i mean but thanks anyway.

With the Sync speed of the X-T3/4 being 1/250 its faster, so less blur issues.

How useful would IBIS be at 1/250 with a 135mm equivalent lens (Viltrox 85mm 1.8)?

That is what i don't know...

Regarding AF updates... this is based on the sensor and processing unit, which are the same. I believe Fuji could have given the v4.00 update to the X-T3 last February, but instead they released the X-T4 half a year early. Having the same technology, I guess they are near the limit of what is possible, no future miracles to be expected. X-H2 will likely be the first with a new system that will trickle down the line over the next years.

I see it the same way...and with the extra cash i could buy one more speedlight and a new tripod for example, which i actually need.

Rmcp20's gear list:Rmcp20's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow