The death of lotus revisited .... in BW ... some trials..

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
surfoxy
surfoxy Regular Member • Posts: 490
Re: Completely new color and bw trials....

Agreed on the simpler comps. RE: my comments on easing up on the post-processing, I'd handle it more like this. Please LMK if you'd rather not have me play with your images this way, I know I don't always appreciate it, but since you're asking for C&C I thought I'd give it a go.

To me the idea here is to get the viewer to enjoy the dance of line, punctuated by the flowers. Texture doesn't help much. But that's one man's approach. I'd still look to find angles where the composition simplified a bit, for me the energy is in the shapes in the bottom 2/3, the triangles and squares punctuated by the vertical lines and flowers. The top is a tiny bit too much.

That said, the rhythm in the composition is really nice, I'm nitpicking. At the large size, the squiggly lines created by the ripples are also wonderful.

-- hide signature --

Chris

surfoxy's gear list:surfoxy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow