Bought a new Z6 and I am struggling. Please Help.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
J_o_e_l
J_o_e_l Regular Member • Posts: 185
Re: Bought a new Z6 and I am struggling. Please Help.

Sorry, I just noticed your questions...

I believe the ISO reduction is applied across all the ISOs, with intensity increasing as ISO fragments display and considering your preference for correcting them. Since ISO 100 has little to no ISO noise, there isn't much application. Whereas, as you get higher, then more gets applied (again, based on how much you've set it to apply). So, no it doesn't "kick in" at 12,800, it is kicking in all the time (but from very light to very heavy as it believes is necessary).

FWIW, I set mine to Low when I shoot JPEGs as that gives me the best balance of detail and grain reduction/smoothness. If you shoot RAW, then this reduction doesn't get applied to those files, they are "raw".

As far as Manual anything, I wish I was good enough to have split-second adjustment knowledge and skill... but, I don't. So I shoot as much as I can in Auto, with my own adjustments based on the scenario (WB, aperture, exposure, etc). I think most folks just shoot in RAW and then fix everything later. The world is full of options and possibilities!

Hope this is a helpful.

Take care,

Joel

J_o_e_l's gear list:J_o_e_l's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow