Are Apple Retina Displays Really That Much Better?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dalan462
Dalan462 New Member • Posts: 5
Are Apple Retina Displays Really That Much Better?

Hi Everyone,  I apologize if I am off topic with my question but I am curious.

I have been doing photography and image editing for a long time back to the days of film and scanners. While I have had exposure to Mac's, have used them and like them I have always used PC's as opposed to Mac's mainly due to cost and customizing considerations.

My current setup is a PC with a Core i7 processor and two 24 inch Dell Briteview monitors.  While I really like my setup and would be hesitant to trade it I also like and am curious about the Apple computers with the Retina Display monitors. I recently got to spend a lot of time in front of a 21.5" MAC AIO with the Retina Display and while I liked it I couldn't see where the Retina Display is that much better than a good PC monitor. What does everyone else think? Are the Retina Displays better? Why are they better? I'm curious and opinions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Dalan462's gear list:Dalan462's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 80D Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow