Camera for cycling travel

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
madem New Member • Posts: 2
Camera for cycling travel

Hi,

I'm preparing a cycling travel around Europe and Asia for 2021.
In order to capture some cool moments during my travel, i want to bring with me a camera. The idea is to produce some Youtube videos (like a video travel diary) that looks like classic vlog we can found on Youtube.

I already have a GoPro Hero Black 8 which is awesome for filming when there is a lot of movement (when cycling or climbing).
To complete my GoPro, i'm looking for a camera to vlog all the other moments of the journey. It can be face-cam (filming and speaking while walking on the street for example). And all the other classic scenes when i'm behind the camera.

• As i will travel by bike, i'm looking for some specific characteristics
  • the camera need to be small and light (easy to transport)
  • i will take photography but mostly use videos functionalities
  • good autofocus (especially for vlogging parts)
  • possibility to use an external micro
  • reverse screen
  • budget >= 1000 €
  • resistant (bad weather incoming and i will sleep everyday outside, in my tent)

I already spend a lot of time searching for the more adapted camera and i found 2 interesting products :

• Sony ZV-1
  • Canon Powershot g7x Mark iii

After comparing them, it appears that

• Sony ZV-1 have a really better autofocus (a lot of people complains about how bad autofocus is on mark iii, same after the update).
  • Sony ZV-1 have better color (without editing on post production). It is my personal opinion, but for two identical scenes, color on ZV-1 are more beautiful.
  • Sony ZV-1 standard stabilization is really bad comparing to G7x Mark iii. I know we can activate on the stabilization but when if we do it, it will crop the images (and it start to be really small for vlogging).

I was first pretty sure to buy the Sony ZV-1 but after watching several reviews on, the bad stabilization make me doubt.
What do you think about this choices ?
I know there is no perfect camera, but which one seems to be the most useful for my travel (this will be my first "good" camera so i really want to make the good choice) ?

Cordially

Canon G7 X III Sony ZV-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow