Help with Aperture priority

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP tim1970 Regular Member • Posts: 123
Re: Help with Aperture priority

a_c_skinner wrote:

Have you tried the full "auto" lever on the X-E3? It really seems very good. If it captured raw files I'd use it all the time!

One thing I've enjoyed using recently is ISO bracketing. That saves three frames from a single exposure so if you are worried that giving up control will result in wrong exposures then that will go some way to remedy that.

The other thing you might try in good light is auto ISO, you get to choose aperture and shutter speed.

I come from a non-auto, film speed fixed era. It is still taking me ages to get used to a camera better at taking photos than I am.

I can't imagine any scenario where I would want to have the camera in full auto.  For instance, the camera will never know how many people or objects are in my photo in order to pick the correct aperture.  All it would know is to open or close the aperture depending on available light.

tim1970's gear list:tim1970's gear list
Sony a9 Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow