X-T3 vs X-T4 (current and future differences)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
oscarvdvelde Senior Member • Posts: 1,360
Re: X-T3 vs X-T4 (current and future differences)

Rmcp20 wrote:

With my X-T30 the sync speed was 1/180s, and i didn't risk it and used 1/250 or above.

I think you are mistaken what it means: to use the flash, the camera shutter speed must be slower, not faster, than 1/180 sec. With faster speeds it may happen that the shutter is only partially open when the flash happens.

If you want a mix of flash and ambient light, your shutter speed would be low and it helps to have IBIS in that case.

Regarding AF updates... this is based on the sensor and processing unit, which are the same. I believe Fuji could have given the v4.00 update to the X-T3 last February, but instead they released the X-T4 half a year early. Having the same technology, I guess they are near the limit of what is possible, no future miracles to be expected. X-H2 will likely be the first with a new system that will trickle down the line over the next years.

oscarvdvelde's gear list:oscarvdvelde's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Samyang 50mm F1.2 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow