Saturn and Jupiter

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dh7 New Member • Posts: 24
Saturn and Jupiter

Still a couple of weeks left before the Saturn-Jupiter conjunction, but the planets have been pretty close in the sky for months. Here are a couple of shots taken with the 55-200mm and the 32mm. I have considered getting the Sigma 150-600 in order to capture the rings of Saturn and the Galilean moons in the same shot, but the weather forecast for the next couple of weeks looks pretty grim, so I don't think I'll get to see anything.

Jupiter, with Callisto, Io and Ganymede visible

Here is the same shot with Saturn included. I actually wasn't aware at the time. If i knew, I would have waited for them to line up more balanced above the mountains in the distance.

Saturn left, Jupiter right. The 55-200mm isn't long enough to make the rings visible.

Jupiter, with Callisto (from left), Ganymede, Europa and Io. It can be obviously be challenging to find an interesting foreground, and getting it in focus.

Saturn left, Jupiter right. Moons: Callisto on the left, probably Europa on the right.

Saturn, Jupiter, and the Milky Way. Stacked in Starry Landscape Stacker and Photoshop.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow