Selling images of high quality but low quantity?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Quarkcharmed
Quarkcharmed Contributing Member • Posts: 736
Re: Selling images of high quality but low quantity?

NickZ2016 wrote:

500PX if I remember used to put out an informational blog on things to avoid.

500px will have recommendations applicable to 500px.

I've got some images sold on 500px, but landscapes and travel photos don't go well on stock. I was receiving some 20-30c per image and it looked like a joke. I withdrew from 500px marketplace.

Shutterstock - the sales were a bit better than 500px but still ridiculously cheap.

The OP has decent photos but they won't sell well on stock. It's for those who produce large amounts of images specifically for stock based on their demand. E.g. people in the genetic office wearing smart and smiling faces looking at a genetic whiteboard with a generic profit graph that must go up. Also the people must be diverse one way or another. 20-30 variations with different postures and graphs will do.

Between websites that think taking images from Google photos is okay to the free stock sites your competition is selling images for less than you'd want to consider.

Quarkcharmed's gear list:Quarkcharmed's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow