Question about tilt-shift adapting a normal lens.

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HybridN New Member • Posts: 13
Question about tilt-shift adapting a normal lens.

Hey everyone, hope you are doing fine.

I had a question about adapting a Full Frame lens with a shift adapter on APS-C sensor of Fuji. Maybe it has been discussed many times, but I'm not getting my head around this.

I shoot architecture occasionally and would like to have an shift option to use more of the sensor, rather than just fixing the verticals in post. In fixing the verticals in post you lose a lot of the pixels in the top part and the image and the quality goes like a gradient from top(worse) to bottom(better).

Fuji as far as I know it doesn't have a shift option (I do not need the tilt), and only possible option is adapting another lens. But with shift adapters this opens other possible lenses. Like adapting a Full Frame lens made for Canon or Nikon and using the bigger circle of image to have a better shifted image.

But....I can not understand how the conversion in focal length would change. Does it mean a 15mm FF lens translate as a 15 mm in APS-C as it would stay the same . Because the cropped part of the 15 mm FF would be a roughly 23 mm in FF or 15 mm in APS-C. Or am I missing something and got it wrong completely.

If anyone has had any experience in this, would be nice to hear the advices.

Is it worth going in this path, or just stick with a Ultra wide lens in Fuji line and do it in postprocess?

Are there any better options maybe?

Thank you in advance!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow