X-S10, second unit evaluation!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
And-roid
And-roid Contributing Member • Posts: 708
X-S10, second unit evaluation!

Just to be sure I returned my last x-s10 and ordered a second from a different supplier as well to make double sure I wasn't imagining things!

What I have found is that this unit is far far better made, the evf shell has the tiniest amount of play and only if I force it, if I hadn't known about the previous unit I would never have known about it either, so that's a good start!

The dials and on/off button are far better, with very little play and the on/off does not stick, it's a little stiff but nothing like the previous unit, much better.

I am a little but puzzled about Fuji's decision to go with a max low fps of 5 and a minimum of high of 8, leaving 6 and 7 out of the equation which imo would be the optimum shooting speeds for this camera in bust.

At 8fps you can rattle off around 25frames with lexar gold uhs-ii compressed raw and the buffer clears rapidly (interesting) at 5fps you can rattle off around 40frames and the buffer clears also below 10 seconds which surprised me in a good way too, but 6 and 7 would be a better compromise, hopefully they can be added.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow