Leica D-Lux 7 - scarcity of information.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
purpwaltz
purpwaltz Regular Member • Posts: 409
Re: Leica D-Lux 7 - scarcity of information.

Bob wrote:

Thank you for that very helpful comment. Specs aside, how does it feel in your hands? Is it responsive? Can you power on, focus, and shoot quickly enough to catch a unique moment?

I love the feel of the camera. The fact that aperture, shutter speed, exposure compensation and even form factor are available as dials/switches is a huge plus for me and my style of shooting. The EVF is excellent too. Probably the only thing I miss in the camera from a usability perspective is not having a tilt screen.

Power-on - it takes ~2 seconds from power on to being ready to trigger the shutter. So depending on your preference you may want to have the camera on at all times.

Focus - AF is quick and precise. Zooming with the zoom rocker seems a little sluggish, but not a deal-breaker, at least for me.

The camera also has a setting where it can "remember" the last used zoom setting prior to power off - this can be useful to some people.

Overall I am very pleased with the D-Lux7. It is pricey for sure, but I believe that you get a beautifully built camera that handles well.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Mahesh

-- hide signature --

"My first thought is always of light" -- Galen Rowell

purpwaltz's gear list:purpwaltz's gear list
Sony RX100 III Leica Q Leica D-Lux 7 Leica M Typ 240 Fujifilm X-T3 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow