Difficult Questions for Top Experts Only!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Astrozoid
OP Astrozoid Contributing Member • Posts: 846
Re: Difficult Experts Only !

Detail Man wrote:

The sensitivity of man to trifles, and his insensibility to great things, indicates a strange inversion.
- Pascal

Learning, the destroyer of arrogance, begets arrogance in fools; even as light, that illuminates the eye, makes owls blind.
-Panchatantra

Knowledge is a recognition of something absent; it is a salutation, not an embrace.

The truth, my friends, is not eloquent, except unspoken; its vast shadow lends eloquence to our sparks of thought as they die into it.

-George Santayana

To love the truth is to refuse to let oneself be saddened by it.

The scholar seeks, the artist finds.

-Andre Gide

I like your New Orleans images. Hemingway used a Corona 3 typewriter for most of his life, and it remains in the same condition in which he left it when he departed the Finca for good in 1960.

Wow, you are, like the young folks say, so very very deep, it is absolutely frightening!

If you don't understand the hardware/output Hemmingway reference, I guess you are not as educated as you think you are.

Considering your comment about exactly what typewriter he used is not humorous. You missed the point! In fact, it shows you trying to brag about your knowledge, which is about as good as what anyone could have googled.

I know you are serious and comprehensive in your knowledge about sensors. If you don't want to share it on THIS thread, why don't you just keep quiet I know you have helped millions. You haven't helped me in a direct response to this thread.

And, sorry, I don't know whether to say I like your images or not. Can't really find them. I do see a picture of you on your web site with a ribbon around your neck, is that from when you won the Nobel prize?

I admire your kindheartedness and willingness to help an idiot. Thank you, Your literary quotations were most helpful. Must be some deeper wisdom that I am just too stupid to comprehend.

Jerry

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow