Switching to A9 from A7III. Will I miss my a7III?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Zenza R
Zenza R Regular Member • Posts: 312
Switching to A9 from A7III. Will I miss my a7III?

Hello everyone,

I was super happy with my a7iii, until i adopted a black dog with nearly invisible eyes and two cats. I shoot my family, I have a 4 year old and I am happy with the AF performance, especially if the scene is not crowded.. In other words, AF tracking was enough for me to get great images of my child, especially he is the only subject in the frame..

Now my frame is always more crowded (more distraction in terms of tracking = lower hit rate = less practicality) and I am also willing to take pictures of my cats and my dog while they are playing.a7iii hit rate is like 10-15 % when shooting my hyperactive dog. Again, it is probably toughest job considering dog's black fur and invisible eyes + THAT HYPERACTIVITY

My question: I love shooting backlit photos and I'm very happy with the flexibility of a7iii's DR.... Will I miss it when I switch to a9? In terms of video, I don't use SLOGS and other stuff. But video quality is still important for me...

What else do you think I can potentially miss if I switch to a9?

Thanks for reading..

ps:  wrote by a non-native speaker....

Sony a7 III Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow