Is the D800 worth it at this price in 2020?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Michael Firstlight Veteran Member • Posts: 4,081
Re: Is the D800 worth it at this price in 2020?

Nicolas_K wrote:

Hey everyone,

I was looking for an FF DSLR because I really wanted a body to mount the Tamron 35mm f/1.4 to. I found a used D800 for under 600€. Note that this is at a reputable camera store, not eBay, so I trust the camera to be in good condition. Has the D800 held up well enough in 2020 to justify the price? Any input, especially from (former) D800 users, is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

(Note on pricing: "under 600€" equates to about 700$, though mind you sales tax is preapplied where I live.)

I have a D850 - upgraded from my D800, which I refuse to sell as it's right up there with the IQ of the D850 with incredible DR and smaller files than my D850. The D850 just has more new features and MPs; I've yet to notice better IQ. In my opinion a D800 in mint condition with a relatively low shutter count is a bargain.

MFL

-- hide signature --

The one thing everyone can agree on is that film photography has its negatives. It even has its positives and internegatives.

Michael Firstlight's gear list:Michael Firstlight's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +29 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow