What do you do with your photos?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
BruceB609
BruceB609 Contributing Member • Posts: 608
Re: What do you do with your photos?

I have loaded shelves of many film ring binders but after selling my Leitz IIc enlarger for Nikon film scanners I thought it was realistic that I could browse digitals and keep it pretty well organized. That was when technology approached me with digital cameras. Reality has since overwhelmed me with so many thousands of images. All I can say is that my practice of rating image files makes it a tiny bit easier but at this point, a shot taken ten years ago can make me even wonder if it's mine, where it was taken or if senility is on its way in.

I have another problem though. I am also an artist, a painter and even the worst, ugliest, most pitiful image stored on the external drive may be the perfect idea for a future painting. Alas! I trash nothing.

I think it's time to look for better archiving software which could be more valuable than PS itself. I think Adobe Bridge is little more than sticking my toe in the shallow end.

So far, I create chronological order folders with a subject or place title hint. I need something better.

Honestly, I think camera firmware could help with category tags. If cameras can recognize subjects by now, then it would be nice in the EXIF.

Any photo organizing or image search suggestions?

-- hide signature --

BruceWB

BruceB609's gear list:BruceB609's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon D7100 Olympus E-M1 Nikon D610 Olympus OM-D E-M10 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow