A7C Custom 1/2/3 Modes

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheWintermute Forum Member • Posts: 50
A7C Custom 1/2/3 Modes

Hi everyone.
I've used almost every brand of cameras before but I never had a Sony Alpha.
For my next camera though I want to buy an A7C because it's exactly what I've always wanted in a camera - full frame sensor in compact body with IBIS and interchangeable lenses.
Before I buy one though I want to be sure that the custom 1/2/3 modes on the mode dial will do what I want. I'd really appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:
1. Can video modes be assigned to the custom 1/2/3 modes? I need the ability to quickly switch to 120p video mode from whatever other photo or video mode I may be in.
2. When you switch the camera to one of the custom modes, then change settings, then turn the camera off and on again, do the settings go back to what was saved in the custom mode?
Thanks!

Edit: Another question: after switching the mode dial to one of the 1/2/3 modes, do you have to press something to confirm the new settings or can you press the shutter or record button right away to start shooting?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow