Best XXXD/Rebel Canon for the Money

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PC-dot-Com
PC-dot-Com Regular Member • Posts: 120
Best XXXD/Rebel Canon for the Money

It's very easy to make a case for this being the best Rebel/XXXD DSLR yet, even with the T8i being available.

When you combine its image pipeline, excellent AF systems (two), feature package, and handling/build/ergonomics, there isn't a model yet that can hold a candle to it overall as a complete camera body. Ergonomically its even superior to the 80D/90D cameras, as those cameras often take two hands to operate controls, whereas this one takes just one hand.

Everything you need is in easy reach with the right hand during shooting, leaving the left  hand to control everything on the lens. This keeps my eye to the finder when needed much more often, and it's easy to memorize where everything is.

Out of the box it's a brilliant autofocusing camera (in live view or optical view) that feels completely modern without leaving much out from higher end offerings at all. This model gets as close to high end cameras as it possibly can without making them obsolete (in some ways it does).

I'll take this camera over an 80D any day of the week (I have both) based on the pleasure of use factor alone. Few corners are cut in comparison to higher end offerings from Canon, its a huge bang for the buck.

Video, time-lapse movies (in camera), or stills, the T7i/800D  has you covered. One of Canon's very best, and a true successor to the T2i that came made waves years back.

Highly highly recommended.

PC-dot-Com's gear list:PC-dot-Com's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Leica M8 Nikon D3 Nikon D700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 +11 more
Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i
24 megapixels • 3 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Feb 15, 2017
PC-dot-Com's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow