Capture One-PS / Adobe LR-PS / Adobe ACR-PS workflows

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
EOS GUY
EOS GUY Senior Member • Posts: 4,051
Re: Capture One-PS / Adobe LR-PS / Adobe ACR-PS workflows

I have also ACR and full CS6

I find it fine and know professionals and published academics that are also pro shooters that use older versions than this who say it's all you need, the new stuff isn't really that fundamentally different when it comes down to it and much of it is fluff and gimmicks.

I shoot a Fuji X-T2 now so ACR and even DNG converter don't support it.  So instead i use the free capture one express which is as good as ACR but a little slower and less intuitive at first, but is fine.  Then open up in CS6.  I have zero issues but the X-T2 JPEGS are so darned good most of the time ad can be edited like a RAW file from a while back in CS6 they seem so flexible that I mostly use JPEG only now and only RAW if low light, challenging conditions etc.....

TLDR = yes C1 express is fine, takes a little longer to learn (not much) and is less intuitive but is very good, as functional as ACR with no functions missing that ACR has and it does not.

-- hide signature --

My Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/photonicstreetdreams/
The earth laughs in flowers.
-Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Before you say (or post in our context) = THINK.
Is what you're going to say - True. Helpful. Important (or Inspiring.) Necessary. Kind.

EOS GUY's gear list:EOS GUY's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow