Budget mirrorless to take street and cloudy photos.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
carofel12 New Member • Posts: 12
Budget mirrorless to take street and cloudy photos.

I guess the title might be kind of abstract. My name is Carolina, and I am traveling to Denmark & other nordic countries in a month. I will be there for a while, regardless, I have decided not to take with my Canon DSLR, which is bulky for the job.

I am not a pro. Both my sister and I have been using Canon cameras for a while, but just as a hobby after work every now and then. I previously had a Sony A55 like nine years ago, but used to overheat very easy and I live in a hot part of Mexico.

I am intending to get myself a mirrorless or such. I am debating myself between a few options, I was initially going after the Panasonic Gx85, which has nice ergonomics and price, besides, I have liked Panasonic as I have used them before.

But the GX85 is not available in Adorama nor B&H. Thus, now, I have taken in consideration the G7 (which feel I am not certain about), the Sony A6000 and the Sony A6100 (not within my initial price range but some used and refurb show up), and the Fujifilm XT-200. The Canon M200 also showed up as I was looking, but very small, is it comfortable to hold? Denmark is cloudy and grey, so, a camera with warmer photos out of the camera would be better for me.

I am not looking for a very expensive camera, in fact, at the beginning 500 dollars was the budget. But I can go up a little, it's okay.

Which one of the models previously mentioned would be the overall better camera?

Between the two Sony models, is there much of a difference regarding the built quality or the image quality?

I was to go after the Canon, would the Image quality be okay and comparable with the Sony models?

Denmark has lots of rains apparently, but I believe all weather resistant cameras would be in a different range of prices, thus I did not mention that as an attribute I am looking for. Regardless, I would like to get nice enough quality for 500-700 (or so). I want to do casual photography as I visit some places (no portraits), just landscape, buildings and stuff, I only use Lightroom for edition.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony a6000 Sony a6100 Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow