Two from yesterday

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RichDitch
RichDitch Contributing Member • Posts: 699
Two from yesterday

Two photos taken yesterday (11/30/20), both with a V3 and CX 70-300 lens.

I found a tiny wet wash next to a medical lab where I was waiting for my wife's latest blood draw to be performed. I was hoping for some bird activity, or perhaps a small mammal to visit the tiny flow, but all I saw was a dragonfly that never even stopped for a photo. But I did grab a shot of these nicely lit grasses farther down the wash.

300mm and ISO 720. I was happy that the matrix meter in the V3 gave such a nice exposure without blowing out the bright parts.

Then at home in the afternoon I was summoned from the computer to see the adult Cooper's Hawk that had just come into the patio and then decided to visit the water feature.

I had to scramble for this as I had not unpacked the V3 and 70-300 from the bag used for the morning outing. Since this is such a large bird I had to pull back to 204mm, and since it was 30 minutes before sunset I ended up at only 1/40th second wide open at ISO 800.

In any event, a good day for photos!

-- hide signature --

You can see a lot just by looking.
WSSA #449

Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow