Any experience on the 85mm 2,0 and 20mm f3,5 Ai-s?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
solamnus
OP solamnus Senior Member • Posts: 2,023
Re: Any experience on the 85mm 2,0 and 20mm f3,5 Ai-s?

anotherMike wrote:

Back in my FM2 days (loved that camera), I owned both. The 85/2 frankly was a touch of an under-performer; I wish I had been able to find the somewhat earlier 85/1.8 instead as it had a better reputation. I liked the 20/3.5 AIS I had back in the film days for sure.

But back then, I shot the hell out of the best lens of that era - the 105/2.5 AIS more than the 85....

-m

Thank you:) Yeh i do have the 105 which is also very small, so the question is how much use the 85 would get in reality. It does seem like a fun very light lens to bring and shoot street with for example.

I don't own any ultra wide lenses at all, so the 20 is kind of the same thing, it looks very convenient and seems to perform totally fine.  ut not sure how much real world usage it would get. On the other hand they are not THAT expensive so kind of fun to try them out too if they are ok lenses.

solamnus's gear list:solamnus's gear list
Leica Q Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow