* The Weekly Image Thread 20 11 30 #504 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
Craig from Nevada
Craig from Nevada Veteran Member • Posts: 8,585
Re: Still Awake

19andrew47 wrote:

I like the first Craig. It appeals to me more than the portrait view. I am not sure that says anything about the images as I find the landscape orientations fill the monitor more so than the portrait orientation and the details are also larger in that view. I think one of those rotating monitors would be a good thing to have for viewing portrait format images.

The sky looks very dark at the time you took the moon image even though it was much later, about the time it is starting to get light here.

Andrew

Thanks, Andrew.

About the dark, it was getting light here when I captured the image.  The moon is very bright this week, so bright that I can't see the detail of the seas and highlands with my eye--So low ISO and a fast shutter speed to control the light.  The result, as you know, is a dark sky.  There was a little haze in the sky and that impacts the sharpness of the moon--not a great image.

Craig from Nevada's gear list:Craig from Nevada's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-T1 +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow