* The Weekly Image Thread 20 11 30 #504 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
EZGritz
EZGritz Senior Member • Posts: 3,024
Re: Mallards and Merganser

No, Roy. The lens has its own IS and a switch to turn it on and off. It doesn't work like Sync IS does with the 12-100, not that well. It might add something to body IS. I don't remember what OLY said about that. You can probably find the announcement on DPreview or in an independent review on the internet.

I don't know if it's better to use lens IS with an IS body or not. Maybe it turns body IS off. I used it Sunday. You can see the results.

Another thing I like about this lens is it has a lens lock switch. This is great when you carry it nose down. No lens creep.

The zoom is much easier and smoother than the Panasonic 100-400 somebody had at the lake Sunday. He doesn't like the tight zoom ring on the Panny. Its probably to prevent lens creep.

EZGritz's gear list:EZGritz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow