New 7Artisans 35/1.2 Version 2

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bobpetti Forum Member • Posts: 73
New 7Artisans 35/1.2 Version 2

Finally got the 7Artisans 35/1.2 version 2 lens in the mail today. I will update this post later w/ sample photos, but so far so good. First impressions:

• It's heavy and solid - like my old time film lenses. I guess this is common among these Chinese produced lenses, very much *unlike* the Yongnuo 42.5 I got last year that felt very cheap and fragile (and I ended up sending it back). 
  • Much much prefer the click aperture ring, although it only has stops at full f-stop increments like those old Zuiko lenses. 
  • Just shooting random stuff around the room it seems to be very sharp. I will do a walkaround later to see if I can get a better idea, and do a bit of processing on the images, but just from the back of the camera I'm quite impressed. 
  • It is sized well for the OMD camera bodies, I believe. It looks right at home. 
  • I'm not a huge fan of slip-on lens caps. I'll probably leave theirs in the box and put on a cheap snap-on 46mm lens cap instead. Although I will say the fit of the cap is very nice, but I'd rather not lose it. 
  • Lens came with an air blower (whatever) and a small hood which was ported so it won't do much to protect the front glass from harsh light. 
  • Lens mounted smoothly and perfectly. The lens mount is metal. It feels just right.

I used to have an old Olympus Pen-F 38mm 1.8 lens which I really enjoyed. The only drawback was that it just did not perform well if there was any strong light source hitting the front element. I ended up selling it, and always regretted that a bit. This one has a similar focal length obviously, and I hope it has modern coatings which will help with backlit subjects. We'll see.

Seems like a keeper.

bobpetti's gear list:bobpetti's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ +6 more
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow