Canon PRO-200 on its way...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Keith Cooper
OP Keith Cooper Senior Member • Posts: 2,668
Re: Great! Now, questions ...

NAwlins Contrarian wrote:

If anyone has any specific questions, please do let me know?

IMO the most interesting question is how the supposedly-new black and magenta inks really compare. Supposedly compared to the longstanding ChromaLife 100+ inks in the Pro-100 and many other printers, the black ink produces darker blacks and the magenta expands the gamut. Can either or both of those be detected visually?

This I can't directly answer - it was years ago I last had such a printer here to look at

With measurements associated with profiling or otherwise? Is the new black equally neutral, more so, less so? If you want, I would print you Pro-100 test / comparison prints on (U.S.) standard letter-size (8.5x11 in) Canon papers and mail them to you (PM me if interested).

A good suggestion - I'll let you know - this partly depends on what papers I get and what you've got.

I could, e.g., print on the Pro-100 some test images on our Pro-100 using Canon Glossy II, Pro Luster, and Pro Premium Matte, and then send you not only those test prints but also a few sheets of each paper for you to print test images on the Pro-200.

We'd need to work out a protocol to try to make sure the prints are otherwise-comparable, but I don't think it would be that difficult.

As for other papers, I have Canson Rag Photographique 210, and I think I have a few sheets of Canson Platine, plus some others. But my idea is to stick to very common / standard papers.

Sure - this might be best, since some papers here in Europe are not necessarily the same - also we only have A4.

I'll have a look and see what comes with the 200, since I was only told that one was 'going to be sent' this morning.

-- hide signature --

bye for now
Keith Cooper

Keith Cooper's gear list:Keith Cooper's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow