Looking for simple software to add tags/keywords to folders

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sjak
Sjak Senior Member • Posts: 5,714
Looking for simple software to add tags/keywords to folders

After a shoot, often I leave my images untouched for 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, or maybe even longer, before editing. My storage logic is a simple year / month / event structure.

Ideally, I'd have a program which quickly allows me to add a few tags to the folder where I stored my images.

I know there's software that allows tags to individual images, and tagging multiple images at a time, but that is not what I'm looking for. That would either require me to go through the pics after a shoot, which is clunky/timeconsuming, or to have many autotagged files cluttering the search results.

Just having the relevant folders as search result really would suffice.

So I'd like to be able to add a few keywords to a newly created folder, eg the name of a few friends, or the city / area I've been, or e.g. whether there were trees or other notable objects.

I know I could make a spreadsheet for that purpose, but surely there must be some program available that can do this simple action?

Many thanks for your input! And apologies if this has been asked (and answered) before, but my search did not reveal anything that I was looking for... if this has already been discussed, feel free to simply link to a relevant thread which I have apparently missed

O yeah, I use a PC running on W10.

Sjak's gear list:Sjak's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Pentax K100D Pentax K10D Leica M-Monochrom Fujifilm X-T1 +1 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow