Frost images from 3.5x - 9x

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
oneofone25
oneofone25 Senior Member • Posts: 1,003
Frost images from 3.5x - 9x

See below. Each is a stack of between 160-190 images. The top two are views of frost that formed on leaves with a field of view of less than 2mm. The bottom one is a frost image at 3.5x with a small crop to get the image to around 4mm field of view.

I used my Olympus EM1 Mark 2, Olympus MC-20 teleconverter, modified Pixco 16mm extension tube, and the Olympus 60mm macro lens with the Raynox 505 on the end for the first two images. For the bottom one, I removed the Raynox. I used focus bracketing mode to get all images. It was around 7:30 am so early morning light; no extra lighting or flash. Everything was at ISO200.

Sometimes frost can form very similar to a single snow crystal, with nice 6 sided structure. This one is an excellent example! Just under 2mm field of view!

I suppose after thinking about it that this one is more around 8x magnification as I had the 60mm macro lens backed off of the 1:1 just a tad. Probably about 2mm field of view after a small crop

This one I removed the Raynox 505, but kept the Macro lens at around 1:1. I did crop a tad for the final image, which is right around 4mm field of view. Maybe a tad more....

oneofone25's gear list:oneofone25's gear list
Sony a6000 Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +2 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow