Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 on Z50

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ZapperVT Contributing Member • Posts: 843
Re: Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 on Z50

Tootsall wrote:

In all transparency, you did ask if this lens would work on Z50 and so that is what was addressed in the topic. Putting it on Z5,6, or 7 was never discussed. And again, this is a “crop lens” designed for DX format, not FF.

I hope that Sigma are able to sort it for you and you get many years of happy shooting with it. Good luck.

This isn't an issue about FX vs DX.  The OP's problem is compatibility of an older instance of the lens with the FTZ.  Apparently there was a firmware update years ago to address AF issues with the D5300, well before the Z cameras were released.

Perhaps the misunderstanding is related to the Sigma document I linked that showed lens compatibility tested on a Z7 + FTZ.  I assume that a lens that works on a Z7 will work on a Z50 (and Z6, Z5) too.  The Z7 automatically switches to DX crop with a DX lens, so there's not a problem with image size or crop factor.

ZapperVT's gear list:ZapperVT's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow