Low light performance

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Cato1040
Cato1040 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,967
Re: Low light performance

MonkeyClaw wrote:

It's moot now anyway as I have ordered the a7iii

Congrats on the purchase! I'm a bit late to the party, but seeing as your main complaint was the menu system, I'd say that's one of the least important factors to consider. Partly because you can get used to it, and partly because you can avoid going into it much. With all the custom buttons there are as well as the 'fn' menu, you pretty much never need to go into the real menu of the A7III. Plus, if there's anything else you think you'd use (like to format your SD card), you can put that into the custom My Menu.

Regarding lens prices, I find that (though it does depend on what lenses you'll buy) lenses for Sony's full-frame E-mount cost about the same as ones for Fujifilm's APS-C mount (especially if equivalence is taken into account (though I'd rather not go into the equivalence rabbit-hole)). A large part of this is due to third-party support. Tamron offers amazing value for zoom lenses and Samyang/Rokinon offers fantastic value for prime lenses. There are quite a few other options too.

Cato1040's gear list:Cato1040's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Fujifilm X100T Panasonic LX10 Sony a6000 Sony a7 III +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow